About the Client:Our client is a market leader in the design, manufacture, installation and project management of Curtain Walling, Glazing, Aluminium systems and Rainscreen cladding for a wide range of clients throughout the commercial sector. They have strong relationships with the majority of the country’s main contractors. My client is looking for an experienced Project Manager with an excellent salary package on the area of West Yorkshire.
About the Role:
- Overall accountability for the design, construction, profitability and delivery of projects
- Acquire a comprehensive understanding of each project.
- Creation and subsequent monitoring and updating of a detailed project Gantt chart, short term look-a-head programme and weekly plan.
- Identify, evaluate, determine and appoint all resources
- Control of costs, regular monitoring and reporting against cost plan to enable overall project profitability to be routinely determined and compared against those budgeted.
- Look for cost-effective solutions to increase profit margin through value engineering, variations, new techniques, negotiating prices for sub-contractors and materials.
- Ensure sufficient knowledge and understanding of EHS responsibilities and use of all necessary systems, procedures and training to ensure that all appropriate standards are achieved.
- The periodic assessment of actual performance against planned performance to confirm exact programme position and identify any necessary corrective measures that may be needed and protect the company’s contractual position.
- Encourage best practice and continuous improvement, including the performance management and development of direct reports.
- Ensure client satisfaction throughout all stages of the project.
About the Candidate:
- Experienced project manager/senior site manager for a specialist building envelope sub-contractor. Typical experience 5 to 10 years.
- Broad technical and industry knowledge.
- Broad knowledge of responsibilities towards EHS.
- Effective performance management and development of people and teams.
- Financial awareness/understanding, cost control and forecasting.
- Manage project resources, subcontractors and supply chain partners effectively and efficiently.
- Understanding of the principles of contract law and how they are applied in practical circumstances.
- Able to professionally plan a project using appropriate software eg MS Project.
- Sets ambitious goals and reaches them efficiently
- Customer Focus
- Initiative & Risk Taking
Points of Appeal:
- Interesting Job
- Exciting Growth
- Continued Growth
- Company Going Places
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Emmett Griffin on 0203 640 8989 or email email@example.com