About the Client:My client has been established in the building envelope sector for over 50 years. They work nationwide with several regional office and have a great reputation within the sector. Now they are looking to bring on an experienced Project Manager to join there operations team in the south east.
About the Role:
- Evaluate and determine resources needed to undertake the project and reformulate additional resources if necessary during the project.
- Look for cost-effective solutions to increase profit margin through value engineering, variations, new techniques, negotiating prices for sub-contractors and materials.
- Develop and implement (in conjunction with client) Project Implementation Plan involving finalising design, ordering materials, developing method statements, planning site work, organising and managing sub-contract packages, scheduling the labour (contract or in-house direct labour) and monitoring progress.
- Either personally or via sub-contractors, ensure that a cost plan is maintained for each project.
- Ensure that quality procedures are rigorously implemented by self and subordinates.
- Ensure that the company’s legal contractual position is protected when project variations to original specification/plan etc occur in consultation with QS if appropriate.
- Obtain client agreement to make applications for stage and/or final payments at earliest opportunity to maximise cash-flow including resolving issues with client to secure payment.
- Encourage best practice and continuous improvement.
- Ensure client satisfaction throughout all stages of the project.
- Responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring all aspects of site health and safety.
- Settles final account negotiations within guidelines agreed with Business Manager.
- Able to resolve technical and contractual issues and balance caution for contract achievement with the need to gain business.
- Work within Company policies and procedures
- Accountable for profit and service
About the Candidate:
- At least 4 years Project Management experience
- Experienced project manager/senior site manager for a specialist sub-contractor, preferably installing Curtain Walling, Structural Glazing, Windows and doors.
- Broad technical knowledge and business experience.
- Must understand the technical capabilities of curtain-walling/structural glass systems.
- Commercial awareness
- Very experienced in the use of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project
- Manage internal Company resources
- Understanding of the principles of contract law and how they are applied in practical circumstances
- Ability to plan a job, including materials and labour
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Negotiation skills
- Financial understanding
Points of Appeal:
- Great company to work for
- Good benefits
- Project in London
- Ability to work from home
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Alex Moore on 0203 640 8989 or email firstname.lastname@example.org