About the Client:My client are a very established curtain walling specialist sub-contractor who have a large project in Brighton they are looking for a project manager for. They have been in the curtain walling sector for over 30 years and have a great reputation for what they do.
About the Role:
- Evaluate and determine resources needed to undertake the project and reformulate additional resources if necessary during the project.
- Look for cost-effective solutions to increase profit margin through value engineering, variations, new techniques, negotiating prices for sub-contractors and materials.
- Develop and implement (in conjunction with client) Project Implementation Plan involving finalising design, ordering materials, developing method statements, planning site work, organising and managing sub-contract packages, scheduling the labour (contract or in-house direct labour) and monitoring progress.
- Either personally or via sub-contractors, ensure that a cost plan is maintained for each project.
- Ensure that quality procedures are rigorously implemented by self and subordinates.
- Ensure that the company’s legal contractual position is protected when project variations to original specification/plan etc occur in consultation with QS if appropriate.
- Obtain client agreement to make applications for stage and/or final payments at earliest opportunity to maximise cash-flow including resolving issues with client to secure payment.
- Encourage best practice and continuous improvement.
- Ensure client satisfaction throughout all stages of the project.
- Responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring all aspects of site health and safety.
- Settles final account negotiations within guidelines agreed with Business Manager.
- Able to resolve technical and contractual issues and balance caution for contract achievement with the need to gain business.
- Work within Company policies and procedures
- Accountable for profit and service
About the Candidate:
- Experienced project manager/senior site manager for a specialist sub-contractor, preferably installing Curtain Walling, Structural Glazing, Windows and doors.
- Broad technical knowledge and business experience.
- Must understand the technical capabilities of curtain-walling/structural glass systems.
- Commercial awareness
- Very experienced in the use of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project
- Manage internal Company resources
- Understanding of the principles of contract law and how they are applied in practical circumstances
- Ability to plan a job, including materials and labour
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Negotiation skills
- Financial understanding
Points of Appeal:
- Great company to work for
- Interesting projects
- Progression offered
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Alex Moore on 0203 640 8989 or email firstname.lastname@example.org