About the Client:My client are an outstanding industrial roofing and cladding sub-contractor that has been established for the past 40 years. The vast majority of their projects are based in London or the South East but there might be the occasional project outside of this. They now need an experience Quantity Surveyor to add to their team.
About the Role:
- Cost value updates, to be carried out as necessary to ensure accurate cost reporting, ensure that cost projection and variations are updated for month review with senior mangers
- Monitor labour costs and budget in association with operations manager and report on potential cost issues, assist in agreement of labour price list
- Attend/organise subcontract design/progress co-ordination meetings to ensure integration of sub contract packages with works and compliance with our contractual obligations
- Review material orders and forecast with procurement department, and detailed review of cost/value
- Provide information for subcontract tender enquiries to procurement department
- Review tender returns with procurement department and select appropriate subcontractor. Place subcontract order on a back to back basis with contractual obligations.
- Valuing of works for submission of external client valuations
- Provide cost information/budgets as required by clients and internal departments
- Cost and agree contract variations as required, but ensure that any variations are agreed on a continual basis to limit commercial exposure.
- Work in partnership with operations manager to deliver operational efficiency of projects, while consideration is given to commercial profitability
- Ensure contractual notices are issued, with the prior consent of either the commercial director, operations director or managing director.
- Ensure along with the operations manager that the required as built records are maintained to remove any commercial risk ie marked up programmes, record photographs and weekly reports
- Valuing of subcontract works and processing suitable payments
- Dealing with issues associated with sub contract packages
- Understanding implication of health and safety regulations
- Maintain awareness of building contracts and assess areas of commercial risk
- Liaise with finance department as necessary
- Review plant forecasts and cost with operations and procurement departments
- Ensure production and issue of H & S
About the Candidate:
- Must have at least 5 years experience in a Quantity Surveyor role
- Be based in London or in a commutable distance
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills needed.
Points of Appeal:
- Great company to work for
- Progression offered
- Good pension
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Alex Moore on 0203 640 8989 or email firstname.lastname@example.org