About the Client:Our client is a specialist industrial roofing contractor, working across the UK for Main Contractors and Developers. They have currently experiencing a phase of growth and looking to bring someone from a sub-contractor background into the role of Quantity Surveyor
About the Role:The Quantity Surveyor is responsible for all commercial aspects of secured contracts. In addition, the QS is expected to work closely with the bid team providing all necessary commercial support throughout the bid process. Strong working relationships are to be developed both internally and externally with their customers and established supply chain.
About the Candidate:
- Review proposed contract documentation to identify potential risks. Ensure these are understood by the Managing Director and the Pre-Construction Manager. Negotiate contract amendments with the customer always ensuring commercial and business interests are protected. Highlight prior to contract award any risks that cannot be negotiated out.
- Prepare a schedule of key contract requirements for all secured contracts to ensure members of the project team understand contractual obligations and any specific procedures to be adopted post contract.
- Assist the Contracts Manager and the wider project team with all pre and post start activities. Provide all necessary commercial input, support and advice.
- Prepare a cashflow forecast for each secured contract and update throughout the life of the contract.
- Monitor all correspondence from the customer, sub-contractors and suppliers. Deal with all commercial matters as appropriate and in a timely manner.
- Prepare interim applications for payment ensuring each application is submitted on time and reflects the true value of work executed. Chase applications through until receipt of the Payment Notice always keeping the Managing Director and the Finance Manager informed of the payment date and amount. Challenge any shortfalls and escalate to the Managing Director as necessary.
- Identify all variations to the contract; measure, value and agree with the customer.
- Review the daily allocation sheets with the Contracts Manager every week. Submit all necessary notices and other records to the customer that are necessary to protect company’s interests and to maximise profitability.
- Maintain a ‘rolling’ final account that is updated with each interim application for payment. Hold regular commercial meetings with the customer to agree interim valuations and the value of any variations. Negotiate and agree the final account.
- Always maximise company’s cash position and ultimate financial return within the constraints of the contract conditions.
- Prepare a monthly cost value reconciliation for each live contract and report the current and projected profitability to the Managing Director on a monthly basis. Highlight any risks to project success.
- Place all necessary sub-contract orders. Prepare interim valuations and issue subcontract payment notices. Value any variations and negotiate and agree the sub-contract final account sum.
Points of Appeal:
- Expanding Business
- Role has potential to develop into Commercial Manager position
- Well run business
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Spencer Wicks on 0203 640 8989 or email email@example.com