About the Client:My Client was Established in 1948 and is a family-run company with a proven record of achievement Whilst we have changed significantly over the years, our enduring focus has always been to achieve outstanding levels of client satisfaction. Our non-confrontational approach is based on collaboration and communication, and underpinned by our core values of Excellence, People, Teamwork and Honesty, which are at the heart of everything we do.
About the Role:The Quantity Surveyor is required to assist the Project Manager, Operations Director and Commercial Manager in the financial and contractual control of allocated projects. They will have an objective and proactive approach to commercial interaction with the client and be ‘customer facing’ and capable of maintaining and developing meaningful relationships with our stakeholders whilst achieving the target cost and programme of the allocated projects.
About the Candidate:
- Assist as requested by the Commercial Manager in review of tender documents and provide necessary clarification on proposed attendances/contract/terms etc. as required to limit unreasonable commercial risk.
- Ensure all roles and responsibilities are carried out in accordance with business procedures.
- As required represent the Company in contract negotiations and meetings, ensuring that favourable terms and outcomes are obtained.
- Attend internal project handover meetings and assist Commercial Manager in developing the commercial strategy for the project.
- On each allocated project, produce a simple overview for commercial administration capturing important points that the team need to be mindful of.
- Attend contract review meetings/6 week work plans as required by the Commercial Manager.
- Maintain and develop meaningful relationships with our stakeholders.
- Compile and submit valuations with the Project Manager and Operations Director in line with the subcontract and ensure that these are maximised and that timely payment is received
- Quantity surveying experience within MEP sector. Will consider construction based commercial management experience.
- Experience of NEC3 options A and C contracts.
- Proven Track record of successfully achieving commercial strategy project goals.
- Good understanding of MEP technical issues is preferable.
- Good understanding of various conditions of contract.
- Knowledge of construction and contract law.
- Working Knowledge of labour, plant, materials and equipment.
- Good understanding of programmes and cause and effect
Points of Appeal:Excellent Salary and Benefits
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Gavin Farrell on 0203 640 8989 or email firstname.lastname@example.org