This job has been added to your shortlist
About the Client:A leading civil engineering and construction company mainly operating within the water industry and directly employing over 1000 people. They are a fast growing business with over 250 new people joining our team in 2016 and numbers for 2017 projected to increase further. They are a business who believes in investing in our employees with over £1m spent on training and development last year.
About the Role:
- Due to successful growth and strong long-term demand for our services, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced quantity surveyor to join our team in Newport, assisting with the delivery of a key framework with our client Welsh Water.
- Our quantity surveyor role involves a range of duties including monthly valuing of the works and making applications for payment; identifying values and agreeing variations with our clients; agreeing final accounts and reporting internally on the financial and contractual status of schemes including completion of monthly financial forecasts. Other responsibilities include procuring and letting sub-contract packages, managing sub-contractors with the site delivery team whilst on site and agreeing final accounts.
- To be successful you will need to be a good communicator and negotiator; with strong commercial awareness. Knowledge of construction contracts is preferred. You will also need good IT skills with experience of databases and Microsoft Office products.
About the Candidate:
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Strong commercial awareness
- Team player, who has the ability to self-start and work independently
- Full driving licence
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- A degree or other qualification in quantity surveying would be advantageous but is not essential
- Environmentally and contractually aware
- Experience in the water industry would be an advantage
Points of Appeal:
- Leading civil engineering and construction company
- Rapidly growing company
- Professional but fun workplace, where people have a voice.
- Opportunity for growth
- Training (over £1Million spent on training last year)
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Spencer Wicks on 0203 640 8989 or email email@example.com