About the Client:My Client specialises in the Curtain Walling company with over 90 years’ experience within the industry. On the manufacturing side of their business they are a preferred supplier for some of the largest main contractors. They now are looking for a Quantity Surveyor to work in there office in Leeds. My client is looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor in and around Leeds.
About the Role:
- To work in cohesion with the Commercial Director.
- Responsibility for the Preparation and submission of Interim applications for payment / invoices to client
- Responsibility for the preparation, valuation and agreement of variations to contract
- Possess the ability to produce cost value reconciliation reports
- Possess the ability to prepare Sub-contract orders; Valuations and Final Accounts.
- Responsibility for preparing and agreeing Final Accounts.
- To agree sub-contract packages and job specifics; authorising sub-contract payments along with agreement to day work, ensuring variations are properly recorded and recovered on a monthly basis
- To provide cost analysis to assist the Project Managers and Finance Manager with mid-month cost to complete forecasts.
- Responsibility for maintaining good quality and accurate records
- Attending and contributing to regular project progress meetings
- Visiting sites and liaising with main contractor QS / site team
- Customer focus, both externally and internally
- IT skills
- Negotiation skills
- Results Focus
- Listening & Communication
- Initiative & Risk Taking
About the Candidate:
- Possess good knowledge of the Construction Industry and excellent commercial awareness, strong business acumen and effective negotiation skills
- Project programming and delay management. Familiarity with Asta Powerproject would be useful but not essential
- HNC/Degree in Quantity Surveying preferred
- 5+ years post-qualification experience in contracting/QS work preferred
- Highly motivated and self-disciplined, able to manage own time, prioritise requirements and multi-task, with good organisational skills
- Good financial and numeracy management skills
- The ability to absorb complex information and assess requirements readily
Points of Appeal:
- Company Going Places
- Great Company to work for
- High Value Projects
- Major Player
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Emmett Griffin on 0203 640 8989 or email firstname.lastname@example.org