About the Client:
About the Role:To manage and provide the necessary commercial, financial and contractual support required for key projects. Core Responsibilities:
- Work with Project Management and Sales teams, assisting in the co-ordination of quotations and proposal development, including pre-tender site surveys.
- Creation of project work schedules, budgets and cash flow forecasts.
- Procuring materials & services and negotiating with subcontractors.
- Review contractual documentation; assist Project Managers with commercial and contractual matters.
- Manage the cash flow on the project; prepare financial information for Directors and Project Managers and manage financial variations.
- Ensure all contract control activities are carried out and updated/amended as necessary.
- Accurately record and process related documents and records.
- Build and maintain customer confidence
- Develop an understanding of the full range of products and services
- Be familiar with all relevant standards and codes of practice
About the Candidate:You will have at least four years experience in managing commercial work in a mechanical and engineering environment and a detailed knowledge of contract conditions. This will ideally be supported by an appropriate qualification. Amongst your personal qualities, you will have a high level of commitment, expertise and flexibility. You will also possess the ability to negotiate contract claims with customers and suppliers and manage risk associated with the Company’s contracts. In addition, you should be physically mobile as you will need to undertake short visits within the UK, therefore a current UK driving licence is necessary. Personal Characteristics
- High levels of energy, self-motivation and self-sufficiency.
- Organised and highly methodical.
- Strong commercial experience and business acumen.
- Detail conscious but able to understand and contribute to the bigger picture.
- Personable with good negotiating skills.
- Possess strong customer and quality focus.
- Resilience, determination and enthusiasm.
- Credibility, both individually and as a member of the client facing team.
- IT literate with good numerical reasoning skills.
- A capacity to work within a dynamic, volatile and highly competitive market.
Points of Appeal:The value of the remuneration package will be competitive and will comprise:
- Competitive Basic Salary
- Company Pension
- Private Medical Insurance
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Gavin Farrell on 0203 640 8989 or email firstname.lastname@example.org