About the Client:My client has been established for over 10 years with the façade sector. They work on projects from initial design stage through to final account on projects across the UK. They are now looking to add to their commercial team with a Quantity Surveyor.
About the Role:
- Involved in assisting in establishing a client’s requirements and undertaking feasibility studies.
- Under take costs analysis for repair and maintenance project work
- Perform risk and value management and cost control.
- Identifying , analysis and developing responses to commercial risks
- Advising on procurement strategy
- Allocating work to subcontractors
- Providing advice on contractual claims
- Analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports
- Valuate completed work and arrange payment
- Maintain an awareness of the different building contracts in current use
- The post holder will also undertake any other duties as required.
- Preparing and reviewing subcontract tenders (finding the most suitable subcontractors for particular sections of work)
- Managing the subcontractor’s work throughout
- Reporting on the financial progress of the project, generating valuations for the work done to date
- Overseeing the payment of the subcontractors.
- Attend projects as and when required
- Dealing with recovery of retention payments.
About the Candidate:
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Team worker with good interpersonal skills
- Ideally from a specialist sub-contractor background
- Based in the North West
- At least 4 years experiences in a similar role
Points of Appeal:
- Cash rich company
- Room for growth within the role
- Interesting projects
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Alex Moore on 0203 640 8989 or email email@example.com