About the Client:My client has been established for over 24 years with the M&E sector. They work on projects from the initial design stage through to final account on complex and interesting projects across the UK. They are now looking to add to their commercial team with an experienced Quantity Surveyor.
About the Role:
- Involved in assisting and establishing a client’s requirements and undertaking feasibility studies.
- Undertake costs analysis.
- Perform risk and value management and cost control.
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks.
- Advising on procurement strategy.
- Allocating work to subcontractors.
- Providing advice on contractual claims.
- Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports.
- Evaluating completed work and arranging payment
- Maintaining an awareness of the different building contracts in current use
- The post holder will also undertake any other duties as required.
- Preparing and reviewing tenders (finding the most suitable subcontractors for particular sections of work).
- Reporting on the financial progress of the project, generating valuations for the work done to date.
- Overseeing the payment of the subcontractors.
- Attending projects as and when required.
- Dealing with recovery of retention payments.
About the Candidate:
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Team worker with good interpersonal skills.
- Ideally from an engineering background.
- Willingness to commute to Bath
Points of Appeal:
- Great potential for growth
- Interesting projects
- Great company to work for
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Gavin Farrell on 0203 640 8989 or email firstname.lastname@example.org