About the Client:My client has been established in the industrial roofing and cladding sector for over 20 years. They work on mainly flat roofing projects but will also get involved in some sheeting and cladding projects on new build and refurb jobs. They are now looking to expand their commercial team with an experienced Quantity Surveyor.
About the Role:
- Involved in assisting in establishing a client’s requirements and undertaking feasibility studies.
- Valuate completed work and arrange payment
- Under take costs analysis for repair and maintenance project work
- Identifying , analysis and developing responses to commercial risks
- Advising on procurement strategy
- Allocating work to subcontractors
- Analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports
- Providing advice on contractual claims
- Managing the subcontractor’s work throughout
- Perform risk and value management and cost control.
- The post holder will also undertake any other duties as required.
- Preparing and reviewing subcontract tenders (finding the most suitable subcontractors for particular sections of work)
- Reporting on the financial progress of the project, generating valuations for the work done to date
- Overseeing the payment of the subcontractors.
- Attend projects as and when required
- Dealing with recovery of retention payments
About the Candidate:
- Team worker with good interpersonal skills
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Organised and methodological with a keen eye for detail
- IT skills e.g. proficient with Microsoft software
- Maths skills / numerically minded
- Must have great budget and financial management
- Industry knowledge and understanding
Points of Appeal:
- Excellent company to work for
- Great progression on offer
- Good benefits
- Interesting projects
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Alex Moore on 0203 640 8989 or email email@example.com