This job has been added to your shortlist
About the Client:My client has been established in the façade sector for over 10 years and are part of a larger group of companies. Due to workload and planned expansion they are looking to grow their commercial department with an experienced quantity surveyor.
About the Role:
- Undertake costs analysis for repair and maintenance project work
- Involved in assisting in establishing a client’s requirements and undertaking feasibility studies.
- Perform risk and value management and cost control.
- Identifying, analysis and developing responses to commercial risks
- Advising on procurement strategy
- Allocating work to subcontractors
- Providing advice on contractual claims
- Analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports
- Valuate completed work and arrange payment
- Maintain an awareness of the different building contracts in current use
- The post holder will also undertake any other duties as required.
- Preparing and reviewing subcontract tenders (finding the most suitable subcontractors for particular sections of work)
- Managing the subcontractor’s work throughout
- Reporting on the financial progress of the project, generating valuations for the work done to date
- Overseeing the payment of the subcontractors.
- Attend projects as and when required
- Dealing with recovery of retention payments
About the Candidate:
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Team worker with good interpersonal skills
- Organised and methodological with a keen eye for detail
- IT skills e.g. proficient with Microsoft software
- Maths skills / numerically minded
- Budget and financial management
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Industry knowledge and understanding
Points of Appeal:
- Great company to work for
- Local Projects
- Progression offered within the business
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Alex Moore on 0203 640 8989 or email email@example.com