About the Client:My client has been established in the industrial roofing and cladding sector for over 50 years. They work across the UK with regional offices but need someone to work out of their office on the Wirral. They are now looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their commercial team.
About the Role:
- Under take costs analysis for repair and maintenance project work
- Involved in assisting in establishing a client’s requirements and undertaking feasibility studies.
- Perform risk and value management and cost control.
- Identifying , analysis and developing responses to commercial risks
- Advising on procurement strategy
- Allocating work to subcontractors
- Providing advice on contractual claims
- Analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports
- Valuate completed work and arrange payment
- Maintain an awareness of the different building contracts in current use
- The post holder will also undertake any other duties as required.
- Preparing and reviewing subcontract tenders (finding the most suitable subcontractors for particular sections of work)
- Managing the subcontractor’s work throughout
- Reporting on the financial progress of the project, generating valuations for the work done to date
- Overseeing the payment of the subcontractors.
About the Candidate:
- Ideally come from a industrial roofing and cladding background.
- Be based in the North West
- Ideally degree qualified
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Maths skills / numerically minded
- Budget and financial management
Points of Appeal:
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Alex Moore on 0203 640 8989 or email firstname.lastname@example.org