About the Client:My client is based in Hertfordshire and specialise in industrial roofing and cladding projects across the UK in both the new build and refurb sectors. The project sizes will vary from £50k up to £2million. Now they are looking to bring in an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their commercial team.
About the Role:
- Manage the commercial resources of the assigned projects to maximise planned gross margin through the placement and control of subcontracts.
- Provide commercial expertise to contracts, to include the production and submission of valuations, claims and budget monitoring.
- Assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks.
- Support the authorisation and submission of project variations to authorise the placement of contracts, subcontracts, material and plant orders.
- Maximise cash flow through the control, measurement (including quality) and valuation of work, and the invoicing of clients and payment of suppliers.
- Value work executed by subcontractors and certify interim and final payments, and issue notices as required.
- Aid in the preparation of monthly cost reports.
- Work closely with the delivery team to ensure accurate and timely commercial and financial advice is produced and available to aid the delivery of schemes on site.
- Promote company values towards its customers in order to meet or exceed their expectations
About the Candidate:
- Holds a relevant qualification (Degree or HNC in Quantity Surveying desirable)
- 2 years minimum experience within a similar role
- Knowledge of envelope systems desirable
- Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office in particular Excel
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Strong commercial and negotiation skills
- The ability to work as a team member in a busy working environment and under own direction
- A flexible working attitude and a positive approach to learning and development
- Willingness to support other areas of the business including bid, project management and administration during peak periods
- Experience of working on NEC3 / JCT contracts
Points of Appeal:
- Great progression offered
- Interesting projects
- Cash rich company
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Alex Moore on 0203 640 8989 or email firstname.lastname@example.org