About the Client:The client is a leading sub-contractor who complete a range of projects from refurbishments and fit-outs to new builds and have a turnover of over £8m. They undertake a variety of work including: They undertake a variety of work including: Specialist paint spraying ,Wall Coverings ,Wide Vinyls ,Standard English and Hand Print Papers, Polishing and Associated repairs for redecoration.
About the Role:
- To effectively communicate and build relationships with key clients, site supervisors, project/contract managers, operatives, surveyors, payroll and other head office staff on all aspects of Quantity Surveying on assigned projects to mitigate risk and maintain agreed margins.
- Office based in Essex
- To be a self-sufficient Job Surveyor who is able to work on their own initiative, leading projects while maintaining strong team relationships.
- Work on claims and entitlements as required.
- Understand and be able to carry out weekly wage process on site
- Plan and organise work effectively, understanding the commercial implications of design change and achieve key application dates and timelines.
- Reconcile tender to works and identify any additional works or variations
- Manage information to ensure timely application for payment with main contractor and operative wages
- Liaise with Site Management and co-produce monthly reporting for specific projects.
- Accurately estimate and evaluate price work of operatives, make decisions on rate of pay, additional rates, and price variations, whilst maintaining agreed margins and employee satisfaction through labour retention.
- Monitor and report on labour retention for your site to the client and the business
About the Candidate:The successful candidate will have the following:
- 4 – 7 years’ experience in the relevant markets
- Qualified with a degree or equivalent
- Have worked on projects from £2M +
- Fantastic attention to detail
- Significant construction quantity surveying experience
- Able to adjust personal style to suit varying situations
- Able to read and measure drawings
- Commercial skills
- Build effective working relationships with the team and clients
- Strong IT Skills particularly with Excel
Points of Appeal:
- Competitive Salary/Package
- Fantastic working environment
- Established company
- Office based
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Grace Murphy on 0203 640 8989 or email firstname.lastname@example.org