About the Client:Our client is a medium sized building contractor specializing in new build and refurbishment contracts, spread over commercial, public and private sectors.. Annual turnover of approximately £10m with contracts ranging from £150,000 to £3M
About the Role:
- Estimating new build and refurbishment projects up to £3M in value
- Drive and determination to progress your career into a senior role.
- Quantify the extent of the works involved, producing accurate take off and measure for tenders to ensure the prime cost of the project is fully understood.
- Review enquiry documentation to fully determine and understand the full extent of the client's enquiry, taking responsibility for Document Checklist.
- Review commercial/ technical risks associated with enquiries to find the best solution.
- Working with technical experts, assess quotations with a view to validating the information received.
- Identify potential risks and opportunities within the scope of enquiries received
About the Candidate:
- A track record of having successfully estimated a variety of construction projects covering commercial and local authority projects, along with proven experience in dealing directly with clients.
- Strong technical & engineering background, with experience of customer management, with strong inter-personal skills.
- Liaise with subcontractors/suppliers to gain competitive quotations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of estimating and tendering procedures required
- Well-developed commercial and presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills, organisational skills and to be a team player.
- Dynamic and focused.
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English, able to inspire, influence and negotiate
Points of Appeal:
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Spencer Wicks on 0203 640 8989 or email email@example.com