About the Client:My client work on some of the biggest and most prestigious curtain walling across the UK. They now have a number of large projects coming up in London and are now looking for a Senior Project Manager.
About the Role:
- Evaluate and determine resources needed to undertake the project and reformulate additional resources if necessary during the project.
- Look for cost-effective solutions to increase profit margin through value engineering, variations, new techniques, negotiating prices for sub-contractors and materials.
- Develop and implement (in conjunction with client) Project Implementation Plan involving finalising design, ordering materials, developing method statements, planning site work, organising and managing sub-contract packages, scheduling the labour (contract or in-house direct labour) and monitoring progress.
- Either personally or via sub-contractors, ensure that a cost plan is maintained for each project.
- Ensure that quality procedures are rigorously implemented by self and subordinates.
- Ensure that the company’s legal contractual position is protected when project variations to original specification/plan etc occur in consultation with QS if appropriate.
- Obtain client agreement to make applications for stage and/or final payments at earliest opportunity to maximise cash-flow including resolving issues with client to secure payment.
- Encourage best practice and continuous improvement.
- Ensure client satisfaction throughout all stages of the project.
- Responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring all aspects of site health and safety.
- Settles final account negotiations within guidelines agreed with Business Manager.
- DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY & CONTROLS (problem solving)
- Able to resolve technical and contractual issues and balance caution for contract achievement with the need to gain business.
- Work within Company policies and procedures
About the Candidate:
- Must be used to running large value project
- Be based in London or able to commute in
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills needed.
Points of Appeal:
- Great company to work for
- Progression offered
- Good pension
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Alex Moore on 0203 640 8989 or email firstname.lastname@example.org