About the Client:My client is a specialist sub-contractor based in the south east who a great reputation within the curtain walling sector. There projects vary any where from £2million up to £10million and are generally in London. Now they are looking to expand their team with a Site Manager
About the Role:
- Ensure following processes are implemented and kept up to date on each contract H&S folder, Weekly planner, Highlighted drawings, Site Diary
- Develop solutions to meet customers’ needs.
- Undertake site surveys.
- Manage sub-contract and employed fixing teams to complete projects according to plan; meeting time, cost, quality, health and safety standards.
- Use programming techniques to effectively plan the project.
- Control the achievement of the profit margin – seeking to improve the budgeted margin.
- Develop opportunities to increase profitability through value engineering and through added value variations.
- Manage established client relationships, sometimes with legal/contractual implications.
- Monitor site conditions, installations and teams working on site.
- Provide method statements and risk assessments for the site.
- Maintain the company’s contractual position including original conditions and variations.
- Ensure that quality procedures are rigorously implemented by self and subordinates and that opportunities to improve them are submitted to Division’s Quality Improvement process.
About the Candidate:
- Experienced site manager for a Curtain Walling, Structural Glazing, Windows and doors.
- Broad technical knowledge.
- Must understand the technical capabilities of curtain-walling/structural glass systems.
- Commercial awareness
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft Office
- Good general IT skills
- Manage site resources
- Able to plan a job on site and organise deliveries etc.
- Negotiation skills
- Good communication skills – verbal and written
Points of Appeal:
- Great company to work for
- Good benefits
- Project in London
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Alex Moore on 0203 640 8989 or email firstname.lastname@example.org