About the Client:Our client is an established main contractor who work on some of London most prestigious buildings
About the Role:
- To take commercial and operational responsibility for small value building works up to approx £150,000 in project value
- The initial scale of responsibility will be in the order of £1.5-2m per annum.
- Responsibility will include initial discussion with client to agree scope and specification or receive tender documents, prepare firm quotation or budget cost if required, manage the work, and prepare timely final account for invoicing
- The work would be general refurbishment, repairs, alterations, and maintenance based.
- Some business development with existing clients
About the Candidate:
- Must have a genuine understanding and empathy with the client
- Genuine experience and skill in both managing and surveying – minimum of 10 years in one or both disciplines and ideally at least 15 years in the industry
- Customer focused and good communication skills
- A team player, but self-motivated
- Understanding of current Health and Safety requirements
- Relevant IT skills
- Good technical understanding – trade background useful but not essential.
- Knowledge of Measured Term Contracts and Schedules of Rates beneficial but not essential
- Good general education and some higher education qualifications preferred
- Good organisational skills to cope with diverse role with a number of small projects at any one time
Points of Appeal:
- Well established contractor
- Annual travel card
- Very interesting projects
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Spencer Wicks on 0203 640 8989 or email email@example.com