About the Client:My client has been established in the facade sector for over 50 years. They work on rain screen cladding, aluminium windows, doors and curtain walling projects across the UK varying in sizes up to a £5 million. They now are looking for an experienced Technical/Design Manager to join their team in Yorkshire.
About the Role:
- The role will be responsible for the detailed project and technical know-how, with responsibility for projects at varying stages.
- Manage and coordinate with a set of internal and external resources in order to carry out the role which will include updating and managing pre-construction and construction programmes on a project by project basis.
- To understand current workloads and to deliver the design and procurement of long lead rainscreen products and systems to satisfy the construction programmes and sequence.
- Responsibility for delivery of project samples, mock-ups and testing elements and all associated paperwork and reports. This should include the review of project specifications relating to performance and compliance with latest standards.
- To always look to offer solutions to any problems that may arise working closely with project teams to execute projects on time and on budget and ensure design deliverables are being achieved.
- To maintain and push forward the “Safety First” culture within the company.
- To carry out work in accordance with company values.
- To be prepared to continuously develop professionally.
About the Candidate:
- Minimum 3 years in the design of facades, including renders, doors and windows, working on UK or European projects
- MSC in façade engineering (desirable).
- Aspire to have an in depth understanding and high competency levels in the following fields of facade design and fenestration:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft packages, including Access databases. Basic understanding of the software utilized to drought facade related designs.
- Ability to create high accountability and no excuse environments.
- Ability to work under pressure and hit deadlines.
- A degree or professional qualification is desirable, but not essential
Points of Appeal:
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Alex Moore on 0203 640 8989 or email email@example.com