About the Client:My client has been established in the facade sector for over 50 years. They work on nscreen cladding, aluminium windows, doors and curtain walling projects across the UK varying in sizes up to a couple of million. They now are looking for an experienced Technical/Design Manager to join their team in Essex.
About the Role:
- Reviewing project details
- Forwarding drawings and information to our Architects/Structural Engineers/Designers/Suppliers to enable them to commence detailed design works
- Put together design programmes to include design, review, manufacture and delivery periods.
- Organise and chair both internal and external design team meetings to review details/materials and proposals
- Review design information and drawings suggesting changes where necessary (either to be more commercially viable or simply a more robust design)
- Prepare and issue detailed design issues to various web portals.
- Ensure design works stay on programme
- Manage the design process from start to finish, co-ordinating with all team members (Commercial, Construction and Estimating)
- Prepare elements of the Design submissions yourself, where necessary – finding, understanding and including technical data, BBA certification etc to compliment the design drawings
- Provide support and guidance to the estimating team on specific details and systems helping to produce tender information.
- Provide support and guidance for our on site teams in respect of technical details, systems and our design drawings, with some quality control.
- Review and recommend new products and systems.
- Be aware of company policies and ensure they are adhered to
- When attending sites encourage a safe working environment through own personal actions establishing an effective safety culture
- Other activities as required by the Managing Director to assist with the efficiency of the business.
About the Candidate:
- Must be based in Essex or South East
- Must have an understanding of an understanding of rainscreen cladding, aluminium windows, doors and curtain walling
- Must be able to communicate on all levels
- Be able to work in a team
Points of Appeal:
- Great company to work for
- Continuous progression offered
- Great environment to work in
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Alex Moore on 0203 640 8989 or email email@example.com