About the Client:An established specialist Drylining, Partitioning & Ceilings contractor with a turnover of £25M has an exciting opportunity for a Trainee Quantity Surveyor to join the team, they specialise in the Commercial & Residential sectors and have an excellent reputation in the industry. The successful trainee will ideally be in the process of studying towards a degree or a HND within quantity surveying and have worked within a finishing trade.
About the Role:
- Assist on carrying out monthly valuations of work in progress, including forecasting of final costs and sales
- Help to prepare and monitor project cash flow forecasts.
- Assist on pricing and learn to negotiate contract variations.
- Help to prepare submit and negotiate project final accounts.
- Project values range from £100k - £5 million
- Commercial vetting of sub-contractor tenders and contracts.
- Assist in preparation and adherence to project purchasing targeting and costing budgets.
- Site measures to be undertaken at least once a month and detail recorded on site measure sheets.
About the Candidate:
- Graduate/HNC/HND qualified or someone who is already on day release or studying towards either.
- Multi-tasking, self-motivated, energetic team player with a flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Willingness to learn
- Have good practical organisation skills, planning of resources and programme scheduling
- Priorities and organise, taking a methodical approach
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic with a high standard of personal performance
- Flexible and reliable
- Ability to use own initiative
- Present information clearly, concisely and professionally
- Attention to detail
- Customer focused
- ‘Can do’ attitude to work
- Must be able to cover London & the South East
Points of Appeal:
- Varied opportunities to get involved in projects
- Development Opportunities
- Friendly Office Environment
- Great Salary Package
- Low Staff turnover
- Team work
- Focus on Quality Results
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Grace Murphy on 0203 640 8989 or email firstname.lastname@example.org